This intern will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of how various departments function in a non-profit environment by working with the Director of Building Operations, Facilities Manager, and Senior Lighting Technician to preserve the museum buildings and art collection.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with capital projects (i.e. exterior building repairs) and learn museum building maintenance systems to ensure equipment preventative maintenance is performed on scheduled intervals.
- Learn how to manage construction projects by assisting and monitoring vendor repairs and the cleanliness of the exterior and interior of the museum buildings.
- Assist the Senior Lighting Technician with repairs and new lighting installations for the museum exhibitions.
- Read and understand blueprints and construction specifications.
- Assist the Director of Building Operations with various duties as assigned.
- Some knowledge and understanding of electrical repairs, plumbing, carpentry, and general maintenance
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Intermediate understanding of blueprints and design drawings
- Preferred Major or Areas of Study:
- Facilities Management