Job Location: Installations & Collections
The Walters Art Museum has an immediate need for an Imaging and Rights Coordinator within the Department of Imaging and Intellectual Property, Art and Program Division.
- Serve as the first point of contact for digital resource inquiries, process all imaging requests and fulfill when able.
- Assist with digitization of tangible assets (slides, negatives, prints, transparencies and other film) and metadata processing.
- Support the data asset management system by facilitating staff use and acting as an additional layer of quality control.
- Research intellectual property rights for collection objects and ensure that rights are properly catalogued
- Assist with the procurement of external images
- BA /BFA with a concentration in photography, studio art, digital imaging, library science or similar
- One or two years in a similar position, office management, museum/gallery collections or database experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Digital Asset Management Systems, and collections management
- Must have strong writing and communication skills, detail oriented, self motivated and well organized
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer an attractive benefits package. For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application end date is April 30, 2018.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer.
A smoke and drug free workplace
- NO CALLS PLEASE
The Walters Art Museum is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug and smoke free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at will employer.