Job Location: Retail Operations
The Walters Art Museum seeks a dynamic and energetic individual as a part time Lead Sales Assistant for their award-winning Museum Store. The responsibilities of the Lead Sales Assistant are to assure the daily operation of the store and provide a high level of customer service in management’s absence. Reports to the Manager of Retail Operations.
- Opens and closes the Museum Store.
- Greets staff and assigns tasks as set by management. Assures store is clean and merchandise and supplies are restocked.
- Issues cash drawers and assures accurate processing of sales in POS system.
- Completes routine cash procedures: exchanges, returns and reconciles end of day paperwork.
- Expertly processes mail and phone orders.
- Ensures a high level of customer service by greeting customers, maintaining knowledge of merchandise, its availability and location of products. Conveys information on museum events and exhibits.
- Communicates to buyers and managers any issues, broken merchandise
- High school (AA preferred), and three years of retail experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; a team player and able to work professionally with the public.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a POS system.
- Must be able to work 16–20 hours per week. Work schedule is normally Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Thursdays. May be required to fill in during the week on occasion.
For consideration, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Employer. A smoke and drug free workplace.
- NO CALLS PLEASE
The Walters Art Museum is an equal opportunity, equal access employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Employment at the Walters is contingent on a favorable investigative background check. The museum is a drug and smoke free workplace. The Walters Art Museum is an at will employer.